Navigating my TBR

 Oh, no! Not more alliterations!

What's a TBR?? Well it's just less letters for my "To-Be-Read" stack of books that's currently glaring at me. A TBR stack is the physical result of buying more books, to scratch some retail therapy itch, when you already have other unread books on your shelf. It's procrastination at its finest, and seeing as though I'm the assumed mayor of that town, I'm the winner. At this current moment, I have 50 book on my TBR stack, and that's not even counting all of the e-books I have yet to get through before the end of the year. 

It's safe to say, I'll be one busy reader this year, meaning, oh no, my plans got cancelled?? That's fine, I guess I'll just have to stay inside and read all of these books?? Or since I got the flu, and beat it (thanks to Naproxen and Tamiflu), I really don't want to go anywhere ever again. Places are so dirty and even though I've received practically every shot and vaccine known to man, I don't trust you all. It's like achieving basic hygienic standards is like difficult or something?? 

And you know what, I'm an introvert at heart, inside and out, so while being cooped up might seem like a cyclical hell to some, it's actually my time to shine. Nothing sounds better than cozying up with a book, a blanket, and a warm, boozy cocktail to keep me inside and happy. So here is my physical TBR stack, and though I'm smiling, as I said in my recent Instagram post, this stack is quite intimidating, but hey it's only January and I've already read 6 books, which is like 6% into my goal of reading 60 books for 2022. I think I can knock this year of reading out of the park again! 


Comments

Popular Posts