Home for the Holidays (In a Pandemic, Again)

Don't let the title mislead you. I'm an introvert all around and I live for being inside all the time and as horrible as the pandemic was and is, I really enjoyed being in my home. Finding things to do inside has been a marvel, for I've picked up my gardening skills, started a Book Club, made tons and tons of batches of cookies, and most recently I've started a "Bookstagram" or a Book-Instagram account, where I feature my favorite books and connect with fellow readers throughout the world. 

The goal of this quest is to continue connecting with people around me, but also to gain a following of some significance and work with authors in the future, gaining Advanced Reader Copies (ARCs) of their novels/pieces of work in exchange for transparent and honest reviews. 

I started the account last Friday and I already have accumulated 800 something followers. I have already collaborated in an Amazon gift card giveaway with two of my fellow girlfriends/book-club members to gain engagement and exposure, as well as I've also showcased books I've picked up at local book stores and ordered through the mail. I'm pretty proud of my success thus far, and can't wait to see where else I can go with this challenge. 

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Book Christmas Tree

Every year Chris and I head to our local farm/nursery and grab a real Christmas tree. The smell within our home is unlike any other and we love lighting it up every morning for passerby neighbors to see through our windows! We got a light dusting of snow last night as well, so it's been a delight to wake up to a wintery wonderland all while it's cozy and warm inside. We went full-bore on the Christmas decorations outside and inside this past weekend and it's now my perfect haven, especially working from home. 

Going along with the trends that are craftily posted on Tik Tok and Instagram, I created my own Book-Christmas Tree this year too, using all of the books on my shelves. I featured both hardback and paper back formatted books that I own and if you squint just a bit, you can see some titles you might have read or recognize. Of course what's a photo of me without sweet little luna in the frame? Not a good photo. A lot has changed to this room which serves as my makeshift office/reading nook. Since this picture was taken, Chris has painted the walls a beautiful Valspar turquoise by the name of "Firmament" and it has transformed this room into an oasis, that I quite frankly never want to leave. (The picture of the swatch on the website doesn't even do the color justice. Stay tuned for later photos and time lapse updates of my little nook, from before and after.)















Comments

Popular Posts