50 Books in 2021??? (Am I Okay?)

 So, we're three days away from 2022...  which is just SUCH a weird thing to say... considering it still feels like we're stuck in the never-ending abyss that 2020 was. But here we are less than 100 hours away from a brand new year, and hopefully it's better than the last two. While, I'm totally fine embracing my introverted side and staying home to cozy up with a book and a bevergino of some sort, this pandemic is just getting so exhausting. I feel I've practically numbed myself entirely to mask the fear and pain I feel for the dying world. Woah that was deep... but these past two years have been so completely life-altering for so many people that I feel that statement is pretty normal and understood, at this point at least. 

ANYWAY

I read 50 books this year, which is just like ??? 5th Grade Sam would have led her class in AR points. (Hello Pizza Party!) But seriously, I have been so gracious for so many things, including my wonderful husband who's listened to my crazy 2 A.M. book ramblings, while also funding my reading nook dreams. I've made a swimmingly successful transition into the world of "Bookstagram" making new friends and connections on the internet and showing off my never ending TBR Stack (To Be Read). 

So many acronyms. 

I've won tons of giveaways and hosted some too. Our poor mail-woman/Amazon Delivery Driver, for this area, has to be kicking themselves, because my house is ALWAYS a stop on their route. To wrap my year on Instagram, I wanted to feature a post, where I stacked all of my books on top of each other, which was tricky of course. Gravity, you harsh mistress. But we nailed it. We being myself and my lovely personal photographer of a husband. Now, I know all of you can count, and there aren't exactly 50 books on this stack; I did happen to lend some books out to friends and family members, like my own personal library, but just put on your imagination cap for a second, will ya? 

Starting from top, here are the books listed in this stack (with my rating, of course):  

  • Final Girls - Riley Sager - 4/5 
  • Normal People - Sally Rooney - 4/5 
  • Sharp Objects - Gillian Flynn - 5/5  
  • The Perfect Nanny - Leïla Slimani - 3/5 
  • River Road - Carol Goodman - 3/5
  • When No One is Watching - Alyssa Cole - 4/5
  • Lock Every Door - Riley Sager - 4/5 
  • Beach Read - Emily Henry - 3/5 
  • Home Before Dark - Riley Sager - 5/5
  • Behind Her Eyes - Sarah Pinborough -  5/5 
  • The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins - 4/5
  • I Am Watching You - Teresa Driscoll - 4/5
  • The Woman in Cabin 10 - Ruth Ware - 5/5
  • When the Apricots Bloom - Gina Wilkinson - 5/5
  • Watching You - Lisa Jewell - 5/5
  • It Ends with Us - Colleen Hoover - 5/5
  • The Lying Game - Ruth Ware - 3/5
  • In a Dark, Dark Wood - Ruth Ware - 4/5
  • Ninth House - Leigh Bardugo - 5/5
  • All the Light we Cannot See - Anthony Doerr - 5/5 
  • Circe - Madeline Miller - 4/5
  • Beautiful World, Where are You? - Sally Rooney - 5/5
  • The Hunting Party - Lucy Foley - 5/5
  • Then She Was Gone - Lisa Jewell - 5/5 
  • The Girls in the Garden - Lisa Jewell - 4/5
  • The Family Upstairs - Lisa Jewell - 5/5 
  • The 7.5 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle - Stuart Turton - 5/5
  • Dark Places - Gillian Flynn - 5/5
  • The Beautiful Ones - Silvia Moreno-Garcia - 4/5
  • We Were Liars - E. Lockhart - 5/5
  • The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo - Taylor Jenkins Reid - 5/5
  • The Silent Patient - Alex Michaelides - 5/5
  • Do you Follow? - JC Bidonde - 5/5
  • Verity - Colleen Hoover - 5/5
  • The Moonlight Child - Karen McQuestion - 3/5
  • Leave the World Behind - Rumaan Alam - 3/5
  • Survive the Night - Riley Sager - 4/5
  • The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires - Grady Hendrix - 4/5
  • Horrorstör - Grady Hendrix - 4/5
The books not pictured are the following: 
  • A Nearly Normal Family - M.T. Edvarsson
  • Mexican Gothic - Silvia Moreno-Garcia 
  • The House we Grew Up In - Lisa Jewell
  • The Woman in the Window - A.J. Finn 
  • Where the Crawdads Sing - Delia Owens 
  • There's Someone Inside your House - Stephanie Perkins - 1/5
  • Lockdown on London Lane - Beth Reekles - 5/5
  • We Should All Be Feminists - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - 5/5
  • My Sister the Serial Killer - Oyinkan Braithwaite - 4/5
  • Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents - Lindsay C. Gibson - 5/5

If you happen to be interested in hearing what I had to say about any of these books, be sure to head over to my Goodreads page to see more in-depth reviews of these books. 


Comments

Popular Posts